Monday 20 October 2008

I have now decided to go with the simplistic shapes and come up with a pattern that I can use on the cards and the wrapping paper.  The important thing is colour.  I have been looking at various clothes designers and designers in order to find out 'what's hot and what's not' when it comes to the latest 'fashion'.  I do like the colours used by Orla Kiely.  I have ben looking at the work of michaelcraig-martin, and love the simplistic design he creates.  I particularly like the giant fan that he created and placed on the side of a london building.

Others to look at: Patrick Caulfield, Julian Ope

Sat here eating breakfast.  I am looking at the Julian Ope website.  His characters with extremely subtle movements are superb.  So it was him that did the 'Blur' album!

No comments: