Friday 3 October 2008

Today we had a session with Neil to discuss our ideas for the VCC2 project.  I put forward my ideas of looking at cycling and congestion.  I am now looking in the direction of safety and cycling. I have been researching the safety issues in relation to this topic, especially Cycle Helmet usage and the number of casualties with brain injuries.  As a regular cyclist and an ocassional user of a helmet, The research has made me more aware of the dangers. 

In the afternoon I had another chat with Neil and I have decided look at the financial benefits of cycling as opposed to other methods of transport.  I have been looking at how much people will pay for gym memberships in order to keep fit (and ride exercise bikes inside!) rather than using a real bike with a real purpose of both keeping fit, and getting from A to B.

No comments: