Wednesday 11 February 2009

FMP!

I am considering a different idea for the FMP.  I'm not totally happy with my initial ideas.  I am currently looking at the subject of the human ageing process.  I have been looking at many photography books at the AIB library and was particularly amazed by the book titled 'Snogging' by Rankin.  The images were amazing, and touch something that most people have done and do but find embarrassing to talk about. The images appeared to be free from 'shoppping' and some were a little shocking! 

Looking at the various books has inspired me to find a subject that I can communicate with using photography.  I am looking into how people look in later life compared to when they were younger.  When I find a picture of me when I was younger, the first thing most people say is "oh my god, you had hair!"  One possibility is to find volunteers who have no objection to being photographed whilst holding a picture of themselves at a younger age.  I would like to look into the lifestyles of these individuals and see if that has a bearing on their health and appearance.  In this day and age, we live in a world where image and appearance is high on peoples lists.  I would also like to find out various information with regards to whether the individual has been married, how physically active they are/have been and their eating and drinking habits.

I would like to use this particular project in order to improve and explore the art of portrait photography.  The idea would be to use a 'coffee table' book to display the work in an interesting and thought evoking manner.  I could also create a website to display the work too.

No comments: